I decided to do something a little different today. I have a couple major life improving goals in mind that I want to work toward in 2018, as well as blog goals.
I started this blog on July 13, 2017 after a long time of wanting to blog. Creative Writing was my strong point in school, so I figured that I could join the beauty blogging community and write about stuff I love. I know I’m kinda late to the game. 32 years old and just finding a good hobby. But makeup is my passion, it gives me confidence I never had before and motivates me in ways I never thought possible. Gives me an escape from a long history of battling depression and anxiety. That’s how I am- I have to have something to work towards to keep going.
This blog gives me that. I love planning my next post or review. I love learning how to create a bangin eye look, currently working on perfecting my cut crease.
So my blog goals for 2018 are:
- Keep growing my audience
- Invest in a better camera. As much as I love my iPhone, I need a better camera!
- Purchase my own domain name and upgrade to a paid plan
- Get over my fear of hearing myself on a video- this anxiety I have hinders me from ever doing anything on YouTube.
- Continue to grow on Influenster. This is one of my top goals- I love getting Vox Boxes to review! Hoping I will get a makeup box soon.
- Start scheduling blog posts. I am bad at this. I will literally get an idea to write about, start writing, then abandon it. I need some organization with this.
Where to begin? This has been a really good year for me and my family both financially and personally, but of course there are a few things I need to work on.
- SOCIAL ANXIETY has got to go! I am so sick of being uncomfortable around people. Whether I am driving or shopping in a store, I always feel like people are rushing me or getting pissed. What the hell is this???
- Health- I need to cut back on the sugar, I am a complete candy maniac and Blow Pops are my weakness. Invested in a new Fit Bit and already have a nice treadmill at home, so I am going to get back into that!
- Work- I have 2 Associates Degrees, one in General Studies and the other in Health Information Technology. I work in Health Information which is a glorified Medical Records person, but I would really love to be able to work from home doing remote medical coding, so I will be working on getting an additional certification this year! It’s so dang expensive to take courses! But I have my mind set on it and I will do it eventually.
- Money- I can definitely be a compulsive buyer, and tend to hoard beauty items. I just cancelled my BoxyCharm subscription which is $21 a month because I feel like I am getting too much and can’t use it all. I am keeping my ipsy, Sephora, MorpheMe, and Facetory boxes because I get good use out of all of those. I just can’t keep going into product overload. Also, I have been using the Ibotta app alot lately and have already earned more than $40 this month alone. Since they give you the option of cashing out through PayPal or a gift card and offer Sephora gift cards, I will be redeeming my earnings for Sephora!
Well this turned into a very lengthy post and I got waayy personal there for a minute! Hope you enjoyed my Goals post!